Kids Science Equipment :
- A skewer
- 3 pieces of string
- 2 balloons
Kids Science Instructions:
- Start by attaching one of the pieces of string to the middle of the skewer, so that it balances when suspended.
- Attach each of the two balloons to the other pieces of string, and then attach them to each end of the skewer. Balance the skewer by moving the string in the middle. Both balloons must be inflated and have more or less the same volume.
- Once the skewer is balanced, deflate one of the two balloons. What do you notice? The balance is tipped towards the inflated balloon!
Kids Science Explanation:
With this apparatus, we can demonstrate the weight of the air and confirm that it has weight. We feel the weight of this air on our shoulders as we feel the pressure in deep water. This is fluid pressure. As stated in the introduction, water and air are fluids. We feel the weight of these fluids according to the amount that is above us.
Feel free to comment this science experiment for kids (Kids Science)!
Incoming search terms:
- air has weight experiment for kids
- weight in air and water for kids
- simple experiments on air has weight
- weight science
- air has weight for kids
- observing experiment for children
- does air have weight for kids
- air has weight science project
- science experiments air has weight
- simple does air weigh balloon science experiment