In this fun science experiment for kids, we will see how to create abstract forms of colors. This time, the surface tension will allow us to carry out an experiment that resembles a work of art.
Equipment of this science experiment for kids:
- A plate
- A half-pint of milk
- 3 or 4 different colored liquids (ink cartridges)
- Washing-up liquid
- A wooden spoon handle
1. Fill the plate with the milk.
2. Pour a few drops of food colouring in the centre of the plate. Wait 10 seconds and add a few drops of another colour next to it. Repeat the process with the other colours. Do not pour the dyes on top of each other.
3. Apply washing-up liquid to the round end of the wooden spoon handle. You can dilute it with 2 or 3 drops of water for easier application.
4. Carefully place the spoon on the surface of the milk in the centre of the dyes. Observe the explosion of colours.
Explanation of this science experiment for kids:
The principle of surface tension is applied here. The washing-up liquid breaks the surface tension, freeing the water molecules from their ties and giving way to an impressive explosion of colours.
Incoming search terms:
- explosion science experiments for kids
- explosion experiments
- science experiment for kids
- science experiments for kids that explode
- science experiments at home that explodes
- science experiment with color explosions
- kids explosion experiment
- explosion experiments for kids
- explosion science experiments
- science explosion for kids